Instructions on saving your work and returning to it later
- The containers are typically available for a short period of time, so you should save your work if you are not done or intend to
continue at a later time.
- The amount of time a container will be available for is usually specified in the landing page for the application (it is typically 2 hours).
- You can use scp or sftp to copy your code from the container to any other machine that accepts SSH connections.
- For example: % scp mycode.* user@remote-machine:/home/user/mysavedcode/
- When you later return to continue your work, you can start a new container from the application's landing page; login to the container
and then copy back your code to this new container using scp or sftp again.
- For example: % scp user@remote-machine:/home/user/mysavedcode/mycode.* .